Saturday, August 05, 2006

A Story in Pictures



This is thermometer on the back porch. In the shade. With a fan blowing. At 7pm.




I'm frustrated that this picture is blurry because it was such a clear indicator of a bird eating the tomatoes. There is the hole, and scratch marks around the hole where it's little claws dug into the side. I'd heard about birds doing this when the heat is bad and there isn't a lot of rain.




But the vines overflow (even though they look a little scraggly), so I suppose I can spare a few for the birds. I just wish they wouldn't get the biggest/prettiest ones!




But obviously, we're not hurting for tomatoes.




And my sunflowers are beginning to bloom! It's our first year with them. They grew from little foot high plants to these huge stalking sticks. Quickly! And now the little flowers are there. They make me happy.

No comments: