Thursday, August 10, 2006

Outta Control

Our school/computer room that is...

I've mentioned it before, but trust me, it can be said again. I have such a time with paper. The mail. The flyers the girls get at this activity or the other. The catalogs that I *might* someday need to order something from. The nice cards I'd like to keep. The homeschool records. Trust me, the list could go on and on and on.

FINALLY, yesterday, I got my desk cleaned. It really was a big job. I cleaned out small cabinets that I'd not even looked inside of in probably 2 or more years. Terrible? I Know!

But it's clean *now*. And the goal is for it to *stay* clean *for good*.

I feel so organized.

Now, the rest of the room. Not so good. But it's gonna be. The desk was inspiring.

DH's friend came over last night. He usually comes into town once every couple of weeks or so and has dinner with us. It's nice. DH made him Boudain:

bou·din also Bou·dain ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-dn, -d)n. pl. bou·dins, also Bou·dains (-dn, -dnz)
A highly seasoned link sausage of pork, pork liver, and rice that is a typical element of Louisiana Creole cuisine.

I made homemade rolls, slaw and corn. And a raw vegetable plate with some dip.

I'd forgotten that I had to drive DD(11) to youth at a neighboring church. So I was in and out for most of the visiting.

Tonight we have a friend of DH coming over that I've not seen in years. He's retired military and is in some kind of custody battle with his ex-wife. I really don't know any details of it. But he's coming into town for court in the am and asked if he could stay here. DH went out yesterday and got an AeroBed since we don't have any extra beds here. Hopefully, he'll be comfortable.

DH is going to cook steak and boudain on the grill again. I'm not sure what I'll do for my part. DD(9) has cheerleading practice so again, I'll be in and out.

Time to get the floors done.

No comments: