Monday, June 25, 2007

Menu Plan Monday



This was a HUGE success here last week, even though I didn't follow everything exactly as written. The whole week seemed much less stressful, and I even felt I had more "down time" than normal. I really hope I can make a habit of this.

Monday - Leftover cheeseburgers and hot dogs from cookout. Homemade coleslaw.

Tuesday - Grilled brats with kraut. Baked beans.

Wednesday - Pasta with homemade pesto sauce (the basil is in!) and roasted zucchini (cause the zucchini is in too ;), bread and salad.

Thursday - A dish that has no name. It's a type of white chili that I came up with long ago. I'll post pictures and directions. Name suggestions would be great, it's one of my family's favorites.

Friday - Leftovers poured over brown rice. Salad.

Saturday - Cookies. Ok, not really. But we have to make tons of them for a youth project so the likelihood is that we'll sample cookies most of the afternoon and not have much of an appetite for supper. So we'll probably have grilled cheese and tomato. Something lite and simple.

Sunday - Cookout Day! Hopefully steaks this week. We'll have to see what looks good at the butcher.

For more menu ideas visit Laura. The women there are most welcoming, warm and inviting. Not to mention intelligent and encouraging!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm. what a great week planned!!

Anonymous said...

Cookies for supper sounds good to me!! ;o)

Posh Mama said...

I had to laugh at the cookie night! I would be over immediately :) your menu looks great! Have a wonderful week

Renee said...

Your menu plan looks great! Cookies for supper sounds so good. Have a great week.

Homeschooling Momma said...

My kids would LOVE to have cookies for supper! The roasted zucchini sounds delicious. Would you mind telling us how you prepare it?
Tonya

Christine said...

What a fun and tasty menu, Michelle. I agree wholeheartedly that planning out the menu is so helpful. I used to scurry about every evening at about 4 p.m., looking for something to make. Now, I feel so much better. Blessings!

"My Little Wonders" said...

COOKIES!!!
I want some too.....LOL
Guess what I got in the mail today???? I will have to do a post on it some time this week if I can.
I love the menu post....I may need to try that.
Blessings Lori