Monday, June 18, 2007

Menu-Plan-Monday

I have got to be more responsible for my weekly menu planning. We rarely eat out, but I find that "What's for Dinner?" is a stressful question at times and that's just silly. If I don't plan ahead, there are several quick meals that I can get together in an hour or so, but those get old after a while. Aside from the fact that I should have better organizational skills.

So in my attempt to be more conscientious, I've decided to try Laura's




Monday - Grilled Cheeseburgers with Pasta Salad

Tuesday - Purple hull pea creole dish with buttermilk cornbread

Wednesday - Crockpot beef and vegetables, salad

Thursday - Meatloaf w/mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli

Friday - Meatloaf sandwiches with chips

Saturday - We'll be away from home, so I have no idea at this point.

Sunday - Cookout with friends. Sausages, Boudin, Hotdogs with slaw.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tuesday's meal sounds very interesting. Great meal plan you have.

My name is Michelle. said...

Thanks tegdirb92! I'll try to post the recipe and pictures the next time I make it. It's amazingly good for such a simple food.

Laura said...

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday! You'll love the feeling of getting the meals squared away, as well as finding new (tried and true) recipes here from friends. Your menu looks terrific.

And I see you've been graced by a visit from Bridget at "And Miles To Go...." Gotta plug my bloggie-friend: She's got some of the best recipes!

Jodi said...

Welcome to MPM! Your menu looks yummy.

Have a great Monday!

My name is Michelle. said...

Thanks guys. I'm excited about it!

Jenny said...

Ohhh...I can't wait for you post about your Tuesdsay meal...sounds neat!

Jennifer said...

Welcome to MPM! Your menu looks great.

Have a fabulous week!

Anonymous said...

Real food! Love your menu! I haven't had meatloaf in ages and I'm craving. Welcome to MPM!!

Christine said...

Crockpot Beef and vegetables really sounds scrumptious!

My name is Michelle. said...

Thanks everyone! You guys are so encouraging!

Christine, I got the whole Menu-Plan-Monday idea from you. I mean to say that that is where I saw Laura's blog. So thank you especially for that!

Laura said...

Aren't these ladies awesome! Thanks so much for joining us, your menu looks great!

Enjoy your week,
Laura