Monday, July 03, 2006

Productive Day and Thoughts

I decided to reward myself for going above and beyond today in my household and children duties with a few minutes to blog again. I've had a lot on my mind today as I've went through the day and I didn't want to lose it.

So as supper finishes cooking (scratch crustless quiche) I'm here.

I don't even know where to start. My thoughts are jumbled for some reason. I'm distracted for no reason. But I want to at least put some thoughts down, because I think they're important. To me anyway.

As I was cleaning out my refrigerator, I realized that it really is all about an attitude.

You see, I'm terribly grateful for everything in my life. I truly am. But what does that mean if I don't show it in my actions? If I allow my refrigerator to get filthy? How would I feel if I didn't have a refrigerator?

Last Thursday the girls and I got home from a Girl Scout camp at 10pm. to find that our air conditioner had stopped working. We live in the South. It's hot and (worse) it's humid. It was a sticky 81 degrees when we walked in the door. Luckily, we know an airconditioning guy (he's a distant relative of my DH) and he was able to come out the very next afternoon. At which time it was 87 degrees. We could hardly breath. The humidity here is ridiculous.

Luckily, DH was out of town and didn't have to experience this.

But to the girls and I ... it wasn't fun. It took HOURS to cool off after the machine was fixed. And we all appreciated the air so much at that point.

And it's just got my mind whirling. I don't want to be one of those people who don't appreciate what they've got until it's gone. How is that showing a Christian attitude?

So I'm working on my attitude. It many, many different ways. I'll post more on it as I can articulate.

But for now, the timer is telling me that supper is done. : )

No comments: