Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wednesday Wisdom

I don't really have time for a proper post today. I slept in for the second day in a row. I'd not slept well for several nights and then the last 2 night I've fallen into such a deep sleep that I can't seem to get up before 9:30!

I awoke to the smell of bacon and eggs. My wonderful husband had made breakfast for everyone (including my lazy self) and had the girls started on a pretty deep cleaning of the downstairs.

Tell me I'm not a lucky wife.

I'm not really sure where this blog should go. What direction it should be heading. I've been here for several months now, and I've met some really precious women. I've said it before, but it seems like most of the Christian moms that post here are so *young*. And I happen to think that's great. But I can't seem to find where I belong among them. It's hard *for me* (not that it should be for you) to feel like a peer to women that are my daughters age.

And it's not that I don't admire and respect them. I really do. I suppose I'm just in a different season of my life. Yes, I still have what I consider to be young (9 is my youngest) children. And I homeschool. And I stay at home. But I also have a daughter who will be 20 this month. And I'll be 41 in 3 days.

Somehow it seems to matter. I'm not sure why.

Wow. Where did that ramble come from?

Anyway, I like the rhythm of blogs. So for now (or at least today ; ) Wednesday is going to be Wednesday Wisdom. I've got lots of things I'd like to share. Things I think about as I go about my day. But they never seem to gel together in a way that is working for me. So the wisdom can be anything from a household tip to something profound that I've learned in my 21+ years of marriage.

Yours to take or leave as you wish.

Todays Wednesday Wisdom is certainly the former.

Does anyone not know the absolute easiest way to clean a microwave? When I clean the kitchen I run a few inches of very hot tap water in the sink and then pour in a couple drops of dish soap. I use this to clean everything in the kitchen. When I work my way around to the microwave, I put the very damp cloth inside the microwave and turn in on for 22 seconds (your microwave may vary). Leave it closed for about 5 minutes to let the steam come off the cloth and get the inside of the microwave all moist and steamy. Also this allows the cloth to cool enough to handle.

Please be careful as this cloth can get *very* hot.

Most anything in the microwave can then be simply wiped out. Depending on how long someone has left the fried spinach in the microwave without a cover and blown bits of spinach to the ceiling of the microwave and ignored it for 4 days as they continued to warm their tea and various other holiday goodies...you may have to repeat the above process a couple of times.

But it certainly is, in my opinion, the easiest way to clean a microwave. AND...no harsh chemicals to inhale.

That's my wisdom for today. Profound huh? ; )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A nice post and yes, you are blessed with a great husband! Nice getting to know you!