Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Wednesday

I had planned to do a post on the Christmas Polls, but it's been a busy week. And my head just isn't where it needs to be. This is the stuff that's rolling around instead.

  • My oldest daughter (20) came home from work Sunday night with blisters in her throat.
  • She went to a doctor Monday to rule out strep.
  • It wasn't strep.
  • It is Mono.
  • She's pretty much in the bed for a week or two.
  • Very fatigued.
  • Wanting comfort food when she's awake.
  • I've been trying to keep the little(r) girls away from her as much as possible.
  • Mike's dad has had tongue cancer in the past.
  • He had a sore spot come up on his tongue last week and had a biopsy.
  • He's in surgery as I type this. It's cancerous.
  • They're hoping they can get it all.
  • If not, he'll go to Emory.
  • I'm waiting on Mike to call to know which.
  • He's only in his early sixties.
  • I still haven't gotten the full garden in.
  • My desk is a literal disaster zone.
  • I've got a lasagna to make for Bible Study tonight.
  • I'll post more when I have some time.

ETA - My father-in-law came out of surgery and they were able to get all the cancer! Praise God! It was the best possible outcome. We are blessed far beyond what we deserve.

6 comments:

Lisa Kay said...

I know things are hectic right now, but I am rejoicing with you about the good news with your father in law!

Best wishes,
Lisa Kay

Andrea Maddiex said...

My prayers are always with you and your family. Praise the Lord for the success with your father in law!

Mary said...

So glad to hear the good news about your FIL!! God is good!

I had mono when I was 25. I just remember sleeping all day.

Blessings to you,
Mary

"My Little Wonders" said...

Great news, thank God....
I also had mono when I was about 13. I was down and out for about 2 weeks, I remember that you need to be careful of your spleen, as it gets enlarged from having mono, so be careful of that.
And for you.......just breath.....
I am so glad to be able to have you back here....I have you to relate to the REAL life.
Love ya Lori

Unknown said...

That's terrific news! I hope your daughter mends quickly - and you enjoy the opportunity to make some much-loved comfort food without a hint of guilt! ;)

missy said...

Okay, I can't even believe I'm going to say this on my first visit here, but oh well. I had mono when I was in my teens and got those horrible blisters as well! Tell her to gargle salt water, it helps a bit. If it hurts to eat, spray Chloroseptic (sp?) to numb them.

Bless her heart. To this day, almost 20 years later, I will still get blisters in my mouth if I get too worn down. Rest will be key for a big long while.

Prayers for her! Oh, and nice to 'meet' you....how's this for a first comment?!?! Sorry!