Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Church

My pastor is amazing to me. I thought for a while that it was only me feeling this way, but it's not. When we discuss the sermon after church with friends, I'm still, after a year, shocked. The man truly has a gift. It's not like anything that could come of this earth.

We all hear him differently. Every week. I hear something that strikes a nerve with me. DH hears something with just the vaguest difference that allows it to strike a nerve with him. Our friends ask, but didn't you hear XYZ? That strikes a nerve with them.

And the fact is, of course I heard what they heard. But my heart interpreted it for my own life. Just as everyone seems to be doing.

And he's so humble, that it's, ... well ... humbling.

I can't tell you what a blessing it is to have this man in our lives.

No comments: