Thursday, May 17, 2007

Amazing Day

We got home lateish last night and I had a message that one of my great uncles is pretty ill. He's someone that was a huge part of my childhood. My heart is heavy with the news. I wish there were something I could do. To make the hospital stay more tolerable. To make him more comfortable. They've requested no visitors until they figure out what's going on with his heart. He's stressed and they're trying to keep him as calm as possible. I pray that God gives him mercy and strength. And that his family can find some peace and comfort.

A friend of my husbands was just diagnosed with brain cancer. I don't know the details, but they've given him a few months to a year to live. I don't really know him well, but he's come to our church a few times and he's this big bear of a man that seems to have a great heart.

All this sadness, and it's such a beautiful day here today. The temps are mild (70's) and the sun is just beaming. The garden is stretching up to meet the sun. The dogs are lounging. The girls and I just sat on the deck for *way* too long today. What a lovely indulgence.

I wish everyone could have felt the warmth of the sun on their faces as my girls and I did today. All we had to do was walk outside and look up.

I pray that those that are sick are looking to God and that He's shining His warmth down brightly on them today.

1 comment:

"My Little Wonders" said...

We are praying for your family and friend here.....God bless you and your family as you go through these times.
Lori