Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wednesday

Jillian felt good about her test Monday. We won't find out her grade until next Monday, but I'm glad it was a positive experience for her.

Yesterday the girls had their YMCA day. They take Spanish, Karate, music, etc. It's a pretty good program, especially for Julia (12) as she gets a high school credit for the Spanish. The only downside is that it pretty much takes up our whole Tuesday. I've struggled with trying to "fit it all in" with homeschool and balancing all the other things we do. So far it's ok, but it's a chore at times.

My friends (who also drop their kids off at the Y) all went out to lunch yesterday and then on a little trip to a cheese making farm. I was jealous, but simply HAD to get home and get some work done.

It makes me wonder if I'm not doing something right/well. Where do they find the time to spend a whole afternoon out? I *could* have went, of course. But I really had things that *needed* to be done at my home. Bills to pay. Laundry to do. Meals to cook. A house to clean.

It was definitely easier over the summer.

Our Monday's, Tuesday's, and Wednesday's are packed. We are out of the house every one of those days pretty much for the full day. Note: Anything past 3 is a full day to me. : )

That leaves Thursday and Friday to get our homeschool done (the stuff that *I* do with them, they are schooling each of the other days as well). And get the house together. And plan the meals. And all of the other things that go into running a home.

I'm not complaining. Really. I'm so blessed to be able to stay at home and do this with my family. I'm so incredibly grateful.

I just wish I were more organized. I wish that I had the time to go to lunch and to a farm. Not that I would go. But just that I had the free time.

Julia (12) has a math test today. So time to get going.

No comments: