Monday, July 14, 2008

Menu-Plan-Monday


It has really been a long time since I've posted! I'm not sure where the time has gotten away to, but I hope to be back a little more regular. I've really missed it and missed you all. Thank you for your sweet comments and I hope to catch up with you all soon!

This has been a summer of change as far as food goes. It all started with the Green Smoothie. And it's really progressed from there. I always thought we did pretty good nutrition wise, but we're playing in a whole new ballpark right now. And I'm still learning so much.

My goal is to post some of the specific things I'm now doing differently, but the general idea is to limit all processed foods. Make each bite we eat as nutritionally dense as possible. The kicker is doing this with 3 daughters. Doing this and still having a varied, enjoyable menu. And doing this on a budget.

In the spirit of frugality, I hope to go back to adding prices to my menu soon. But I've not figured it very well with this new way of eating yet.

Having said all of that, today is my sisters birthday! I'm hosting the party and it's a very standard American diet (SAD) party. So here goes the menu for the week!

Monday - Typical Party Foods! Sausage/cheese dip, chips, pigs in a blanket, nuts, pickles, birthday petits fours and ice cream.

Tuesday - Back to the real world. Grilled chicken breast and sauteed vegetables.

Wednesday - Leftover chicken/vegetables in a whole-wheat wrap. Salad.

Thursday - Quinoa and Black Beans, salad

Friday - Homemade, whole wheat, pesto pizza. Salad.

For more menu ideas, be sure to check out Laura's Blog!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for your sweet comment. :) Carissa is feeling better, but we'll be happier once that fluid is ALL gone!

Does your husband like the new menu? I am trying to gradually cook more nutritiously dense food. I'll have to catch up on some of your post regarding this. :)

Have you looked at Sue Gregg's website? The pancake recipe is VERY good and NO FLOUR is used. :) I was happy that my family liked it too.

My name is Michelle. said...

That seems so scary Sharon! Bless her heart! And her mothers heart as well. ;)

My husband loves it when I cook healthy. He's been so on board with the green smoothie that even I'm a bit shocked. He does have times that he wants potato chips though. ;) The only real issue is meat. He feels he *has* to have meat at every dinner. I am having a hard time coming up with non-processed, very healthy meat every day.

Oh and I did look at the website yesterday from your blog! It was very interesting and I plan to go back and get that recipe. Thank you for linking to it!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see you back, Michelle! I wondered where on earth you went to, and really was hoping you didn't leave Bloggy-land forever. I am so glad to see that you haven't!

I can't wait to start my weekly menu's back up! My husband loves my new eating as well - he was always begging to get butter and vitamin D milk, more meat... now that I am eating more from a Nourishing Traditions stand-point, he gets, all the time (rather than half), exactly what he's been wanting. :)

Thank you for your prayers, too. :)
God's blessings to you,
Mrs. G.

Lisa Kay said...

I'm not posting as regularly either, but I'm glad you're back!

Lisa Kay
Ellijay at Heart